Monday, February 1, 2010

Going up to Country

Need a break from the drudgery of a 1-8, Monday-Friday job? Tired of pesky 5-12 year old children? Then it seems like Muju is the place for you!

Taming Muju is not a task for the light hearted. Just to make it there, you have to get up before the butt crack of dawn. The bus that goes up to country * leaves at 4:20 in the AM! That means to make it to bus pickup on Saturday morning, I am waking up before I usually cash my Friday night in. In fact, my buddy Travis was at a bar located right down the street from where our bus pickup was located.

*I think I got carried away with that link, but it is one of my all time favorite songs; it just always gets me in a better mood.



(Travis is on the right, Justin on the left)



I once, at length, wrote about how hard it is for me to get up in the morning. That McDonald's breakfasts are the only thing that gets me through. Waking up before McDonald's even serves breakfast is just wrong!















As you can see, skiing (as with pretty much everything in South Korea) is super-duper packed, but Muju was so beautiful it was well worth a few long lines and a couple crashes on the slopes.














Meg paid five dollars for her skiing coat in China! Oh the beauty of knock offs! (and sweat shops)
















The picture to the left is pretty breathtaking. The whole mountain was frosted over giving it a real Winter Wonderland look. Hats off to Meg for taking some really fine pictures!














Has anybody seen the show Meet the Natives? It is a show on the National Geographic channel here in South Korea. I've fallen in love with it, even though I've only seen one episode. The insight the "Natives" showed within only five days of being in America was incredible. Anyway, during one point in the episode, (they were in Montana on a ranch learning about cowboys) they described mountains as being so tall, that they could touch clouds. The ski lift actually vanishes into the clouds at the top of the mountain.

No comments: