Friday, October 10, 2008

Busy Weekend

I'm finishing up my final week of easy work before the grind begins all over again, but I have some good news. Tonight, we are having another work party. To remind you, here is what they entail.

So expect another boozy filled night of stories, lost in translation moments, and good food. This time we're going out for Sushi and Saki. Should be a blast. I have a camera now, so I'll take lots of pictures. I'm also going to take pics of the classroom and students. This should give you a better understanding of my environment.

On Saturday, every foreign teacher in the entire corporation (10+ schools) is getting the privilege to go on a field trip. The problem is the timing. We have a company party on Friday night, and those get crazy. It starts at 11:30 at night, who knows when it will end. Then we have to wake up by 8:30 a.m. to get to the bus by 9:30 am! Will we make it? I'll put the line at +110, to get some action.* I think this might be some type of cruel joke our big bosses are playing on us.

*Alright am I an addicted gambler? Here are the questions I must ask myself:
Do I have a gambling problem?
You may have a gambling problem if you:

Neglect work or family to gamble
Yes, I am guilty of this. I neglect both work and Meg quite often. I study sports while at work all the time, and then bet at work. That has to be a case of addiction.

Gamble in secret
I do it in the open, right at my office computer.
Lie about how much you gamble

No, I'm open about it. I read on a site that only 1 percent of sports gamblers win over the long run. I have also read how sports betting could be a worthwhile investment. How could only one percent of investors making money be considered a worthwhile investment?
Feel compelled to keep upping your bets
Not yet...
Feel remorse after gambling
Sure! Who likes to lose money? If you didn't feel a touch of remorse, then you don't value money.
Gamble until you’ve spent your last dollar

No. I put 100 dollars in 5 months ago, and I still am playing with that money.
Gamble with money you need to pay bills

Yes, my free rent and lack of automobile payments takes a beating.
Steal, borrow, or sell things to get money for gambling
Yes, I snatch money from Meg's purse everyday.

Dream of the "big win" and what it will buy

Everynight...
Okay, okay, I am not addicted. This stuff is all exaggerated. I would not let myself gamble at work. It's a funny joke, when I lose my original 100 dollars, because it will happen, I will quit.

I did send this message to Tyler though, who asked me about sports betting: "I would highly recommend sports gambling! It is fun, that being said, I think you know that there are some risks associated with it, you laugh now, but have you ever had the gambling hunger, I recommend starting with a small sum of money that you are not afraid to lose and just test the waters." Too bad there wasn't a question on persuading friends.

The field trip will consist of Korean bar-b-que, games, and pottery all taking place at a mountain an hour and a half away. Should be a lot of fun. Zach says he'll be there, his line is +145*. (Zach, in my estimation, has never been up at 8:30 a.m. in his time in Korea.) ((Still up from the night before does not count in this situation.)) Just kidding Big Guy.

*Does making lines on whether someone "no shows" help or hurt my case of addiction?

I'll be back with pictures and stories on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rumor has it... the people who make the bus and don't look like hell are getting raises. But those who don't make the bus, well.... just make sure you make that bus.