Sunday, March 1, 2009

Status Update

Lately I've been looking forward to writing blog posts as much as I look forward to receiving the random paper cut, but here's an update:

I'm proud to report that our company is working us to the bone. Instead of the normal14-15 classes we've been teaching, we're now at about 18. We can now discipline/punish more efficiently too. In short, we're almost teachers, yet we're not quite there. We don't assign them a grade in our classes. Our students are not dummies. They know that the foreign teacher's class doesn't count, and they act like it doesn't matter. But, I'm getting closer to being a real teacher none the less.

Meg and I are phasing out skiing with hiking. The weather has warmed up quite a bit in recent weeks. This coming Saturday we are heading to a mountain range 1 1/2 hours south of Seoul. The pictures should be breathtaking.

Zach and John are gone. It hasn't really hit me yet, and I'm sure it will soon. I bet leaving Korea hit them when they transferred their won into dollars. The won is at 1,560.25 per dollar! Yikes! When we came here it was roughly 1000 per dollar. They lost a boat load of money, and it looks as if I will too whenever I leave this place, maybe even more than the amount they lost.

It's been raining a lot, which I guess is better than snow. I've taken to the streets armed with a rainbow umbrella. I'm from the school of thought that rainbow colored anything is not the kind of fashion you want to be associated with, unless you live on an island and use the colors sparingly or if your umbrella is rainbow colored. Some guy was standing in the rain, probably in Ireland, and was thinking, "Everybody has got these dark colored umbrellas. Why don't I put some color on these things and make some money? I know, I'll put the colors of the rainbow on it!" Ever since that moment, rainbow colors are alright on an umbrella.

That's all I got.

No comments: